With Infiniband be could gain more speed for data transfer between 2 nodes. There are a lot of ways to use Infiniband. In this particular case we will use it for TCP/IP connection. It’s not the fastest method for data transfer but it’s just a start. We could user iSCSI over Infiniband as well. We will work with QLE7342 Card on Debian Jessie.
- First we will configure some kernel options on grub. We just need to modify this line in /etc/default/grub
- GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”quiet options ib_qib singleport=1 krcvqs=2″
- (Here you could find the configuration for your processor)
- We update grub’s configuration:
- And reboot the server.
- Once again on our server, we have to install the Infiniband tools and some dependencies:
- apt-get install -y build-essential infiniband-diags opensm
- Next we need to add the modules to /etc/modules:
… Continue Reading
# Protocol modules
# Common modules