Nagios is an enterprise class, open source software that can be used for network and infrastructure monitoring. Using Nagios, we can monitor servers, switches, applications and services etc. It alerts the System Administrator when something goes wrong and also alerts back when the issues have been rectified.
Using Nagios, you can:
- Monitor your entire IT infrastructure.
- Identify problems before they occur.
- Know immediately when problems arise.
- Share availability data with stakeholders.
- Detect security breaches.
- Plan and budget for IT upgrades.
- Reduce downtime and business losses.
Make sure your server have installed with fully working LAMP stack. If not, follow the below link to install LAMP server.
Then install the following prerequisites:
apt-get install build-essential libgd2-xpm-dev apache2-utils unzip curl a2enmod rewrite a2enmod cgi
Create Nagios User And Group
Create a new nagios user account:
useradd -m nagios passwd nagios
Create a new… Continue Reading